Sunday 7 August 2016

Man Who Planted Trees Play Dough


This was my midterm project in my Artistic Expression course in Early Childhood Education program. This 3D handcrafted man was made with home made play dough. Accompany with this project was an essay.

Here's my Essay

An Amazing Piece Of Arts


One of the most prominent competitions here in Montreal is a horticultural arts. This year's 2013 exposition theme is "Land of Hope" where the main objective is to let everyone know the importance of preserving the richness of life on earth. The Mosaicculture were displayed at Montreal Botanical Garden that lasted for three months. These sculptures were created using steel and aluminum forms that were wrapped in a metal mesh, filled with earth and planted with flowers ivies and grasses to provide textures and colors. Since I went to the museum late, there were only a few that I've seen and among of the arts that I totally amazed was "The Man Who Planted Trees".

It was a giant sculpture. This was created by the group of horticulturists in Montreal and a member of Mosaïcultures Internationales de Montréal, an organization who made the event possible. The sculpture is being honoured to a shepherd in a story who planted trees and bring back the life of the ruined landscape of the abandoned valley in France in the early 20th century. This amazing piece of art I’ve chosen consists of 800,000 individual plants according to the man I had spoken on the site and the flowers that were planted were mostly in the Alternanthera plants family with different colors from the hat to his back, arms, hands, legs except the neck line and in the middle of the vest which I thought were silver falls and silver mist plants. His beards were Stipa tenuissima plants, I am not really sure but what I am pretty sure, those were grasses.

Read More ..........................                         Page 2   Page 3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everybody is welcome to make a comments but be nice, no rudeness please. Thank you!

CPMBux.Com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Increase Website Traffic