Monday 8 August 2016

Children's Needs Analysis

CHILDREN'S NEEDS ANALYSIS
4 to 5 years old Cognitive & Language Skills


Math Readiness and Reading

For three weeks observation, it came to my attention that Child 4 is new to the country and basically cannot talk nor understand the English language while Child 3 has the capacity to improve faster however, he needs motivation to do so. Most of the time, he doesn't like to listen especially in the circle time. 

The chart below is the result of my observation from the children I chose in the daycare. The criteria or skills were all about Math Readiness and Reading. Based on the data collected, Child 4 is the most challenging child among the group. Child 3 shows difficulty in some skills while Child 2 and Child 1 showed the best and can accomplish and deliver the task to almost perfect.

Based on the information, data and analysis, the idea or the solution that came up to eliminate this problem is to plan an activity according to their needs focusing on child 4 followed with Child 3 without disregarding the skillful Child 1 and 2. 

I introduced the "Alphagator" short story with my homemade interactive Alphagator book and I found it very engaging to them. Although, I didn't do it during the circle time (never had a chance to introduce, since I was then a stagiare,) but I had a chance at least introducing to them after their lunch, just before they go to take a nap.

The interaction and their excitement what happen next to the other letters made me more excite to and happy to help them achieve this goal. Child 4 learn new vocabulary where I asked her to repeat was really an amazing result.

The two children that need special attention basically wanted interactive materials so they can focus in learning.



Note: This observation was done during my stage 2 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everybody is welcome to make a comments but be nice, no rudeness please. Thank you!

CPMBux.Com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Increase Website Traffic